(6 Months ago in Kuwait)
It’s been two years since I cut my hair since I’ve done a hair update. If you recall, my hair and body was in such a bad state. My edges were non-existent, my hair was lifeless (permed), and I gained twenty pounds. It’s amazing how time changes things! In those two years, I cut my hair completely off and started researching the proper way to care for my natural hair! I learned so much and developed my own hair care regiment. If you would like to know more about my 3-2-1 method keep reading…..
- Every 3 months, I scheduled an appointment to get my hair trimmed and pressed with a licensed beautician.
- Every 3 days, I apply an oil to my scalp (inner perimeter). I love NOW Grape Seed oil, Wild Growth hair oil, Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil or Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Every 3 days I do some form of cardio exercise. Usually, I opt for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Every two weeks I deep conditioned my hair using Design Essentials Almond Butter Express Instant Moisturizing Conditioner.
- Every two days I massaged Vitamin E oil around my edges (outer perimeter).
- Every two days, I incorporate strength training in my exercise regiment
- Once a day I take a Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails multivitamin.
- One month is the maximum amount of time I will keep a protective style. That includes braids, wigs, and sew-ins.
- Once a day, I consume 8 bottles of water.
Simple, right? If you are struggling with your hair, just remember you have to start somewhere. Healthy hair is possible with time, patience and care!