(10.30.2011 Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
I’m fully recovered from a week-long vacation at Sandals Ochi Resort Luxury Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica! My husband and I were married at this property in 2011 and we thought it would be a wonderful idea to return to celebrate our 7 year anniversary! This place is as beautiful as we remembered it, the staff is beyond friendly and the food is delicious! Believe me, the commercials does this property no justice! If you are thinking about visiting Jamaica anytime soon here are five reasons you should stay at Sandals resort in Ocho Rios.
- All-inclusive – Once you secure your trip, you can leave your wallet at home. Well, bring your passport! However, enjoy the amenities, services, bars, and restaurants for free for the duration of your stay. Additionally, Sandals includes round-trip transfers from the airport and near-by resorts! Don’t worry about tipping nor taxes because it’s all included. Ya Mon!
- Excursions – When was the last time you did something for the first time? Sandals Ochi offers unlimited land and water sports! And guess what? Scuba Diving is included! My husband and I participated in a few activities at the resort but Dunn’s River Falls came highly recommended to attend. This was our first time climbing the waterfalls and it wasn’t an easy task! However, we made it to the top!
- Restaurants – Sandals Ochi offers 16 different restaurants to dine and send your taste buds in a frenzy! From savory Italian cuisine to Caribbean favorites there 5-star chefs will make your dining experience one to remember! My favorite dishes were the Jamaican Jerk burger at Neptunes Mediterranean Seafood, the California Roll Sushi at Soy Sushi Bar, the Vegetarian beef Tostada at Tapas on the River, and the Lemon Cheesecake from Vista Gourmet! Whew! I’m getting hungry thinking about it!
- Scenic Views & Relaxation – This resort offers a vast and lush landscape with the ultimate privacy for just the two of you! Children aren’t allowed on any of the properties! Additionally, you can relax by one of the 98 pools or lay by the beach for the ocean views!
- Inexpensive – By now, I am sure I have sold you on purchasing this trip, right? The last thing left to discuss is the cost and this thriftanista has you covered! Sandals offers a last minute specials and deals that can be combined with military discounts. I’ve found the best way to secure savings is to book during the Black Friday discounts or BOGO flight deals they advertise on commercials. In 2011, I paid two thousand dollars for 4 people to visit this resort for seven days and flights included! That’s a steal! I would suggest you purchase your trip a few months ahead of time and take advantage of the layaway payment options!
Was this helpful? Have you ever stayed at a Sandal’s Resort? I would love to read your comments below!