This weather has broken records here in Alabama! I’ve switched my skincare routine 4 times and we are only 2 weeks into summer! Sigh! Luckily, I don’t spend a lot of money on my beauty products and I’m not a fan of purchasing them from the thrift store. However, I thought it would be fun to share my affordable ways I obtain luxury skincare products.
1. Marshalls, Ross, and T.J. Maxx always offer prices that wow! I have a found majority of my luxury brand makeup products in their beauty aisle. Additionally, once you learn their markdown schedule you can literally purchase products for pennies on the dollar.
2. Store Closings – Due to the convenience of online shopping, a lot of brick and mortar stores are closing. When Kmart decided to shut it’s doors, I was first in line for the beauty products and home furnishings. Once I checked the expiration date, I purchased enough products to last a full year! If you don’t have any store closings, search the clearance section at your local drug stores.
3. Beauty Subscription Boxes – I haven’t subscribed to any beauty subscription boxes. However, I’ve been tempted to do so. A lot of companies offer full-size products for a flat fee of $20. That’s a great deal! I may try this option in the future….have you tried it?
4. eBay – I use eBay for cosmetics that have been discontinued in department stores. Some re-sellers try to raise the price but if you’re buying a lot of products they usually lower the price. I’ve been fortunate where some re-sellers just wanted to get rid of the product, I received an exclusive discount!
5. Holiday Sales – This is where I make the bang for my buck! I love the after Christmas sales. I have found beauty gift sets for as low as $1. If I don’t think the item will make it to after Christmas, I usually grab it as a gift set. A lot of gift sets offer full-size products with a fifty percent discount. I usually stockpile these sets and pass them out during the year as gifts.
6. Influenster/BzzAgent – I absolutely love Influenster/BzzAgent! You receive free products for your opinion! How cool is that? I have received Anastasia Beverly Hills products, face masks, and more! I don’t qualify for every campaign but it’s a nice treat when I do!
So what do you think? Do you follow some of these same tips?
How do you purchase luxury skincare products? I would love to hear below! Oh, make sure you’re following me on IG (@thriftinghuntsville) where I go live every for Thriftanista Thursdays! You get to shop with me and see my savings!